Date of birth: January 17, 1956
Place of birth: Moulton, Alabama
When started training: 1981
Where trained: Athens, Alabama
What styles: Wado-Ryu with additional training in Judo, Jujitsu, Aikido, and Aikijujitsu.
First instructor: Don Hendrix
Date of first black belt: Sho-Dan in 1985
Date of each subsequent black belt rank:
Ni-Dan (2nd degree) in 1993.
San-Dan (3rd degree) in 1994.
Yon-Dan (4th degree) on March 9, 1996
Go-Dan (5th degree) on June 22, 1999
Current rank: Go-Dan (5th degree)
Any organizational positions: Assistant to the State Representative; Stevenson Sensei.
Date opened first school: 1994
Where first school located: Ardmore, Alabama
Any other pertinent or relevant information:
1. Taught Karate for Calhoun Community College, in Huntsville,
Alabama from 1984 to 1990.
2. Assistant instructor under Stevenson Sensei, Athens Recreation Center, from 1990-1994.
3. Women's Self-Defense instructor.
4. Second highest ranking Wado-Ryu Black Belt in the State of Alabama.
5. Holds a Masters Degree in Education.
6. Trained under the New Master Otsuka.
7. Regular instruction under Mr. Cecil T. Patterson.
8. Married Pamela Kay Setterlund (Third Brown belt - Wado system) on June 15, 1996. Has two daughters, Angela (Blue belt - Wado system), and Kayla.
|Copyright © 2000 Wado-Ryu-Karate.com
Nothing on this website may be reproduced without the express written permission of Wado-Ryu-Karate.com
Back to Wado Ryu Karate Association of AlabamaUpdated 7/27/2014